Monday 23 February 2009

Finished School Magazine Front Cover.


Hiii,
I have now finished my school magazine's front cover. I have concentrated on the code's and convention's to make my magazine just like a real one. I used the same font's for all my text on my front cover, the text i used was Myraid Pro. The reason i used the same font was because i didn't want loads of different styles of font i wanted to keep it simple. I thought if i used different style's of text it would confuse the reader. I used a simple colour scheme for my front cover, which is the school colour's. I thought this would give the reader a better link with the school itself. I have changed a few thing's while creating my front cover, i have now included the school address and if they feel the need to write to the school about the magazine they can feel free to do so. In my magazine sketch i have mentioned that i will put a badge behind the price and issue number of the magazine, this i couldn't do as it was covering my main image and would stop the reader getting full effect of the magazine. I also thought about wether or not to have content idicators as it would cover most of the image and would look like it's taking alot of the space up. But then i did think about it and decided to include content indicators as my magazine was sort of a gossip magazine, and also for teenagers from the age of 11-16. I think if i didn't use content indicators it would make my magazine more formal and this may stop my target audience from reading the school magazine. Also i have included a barcode on my front cover, even though there is no way of scanning the magazine's at school. But i wanted to have the student's feel the magazine style as all other magazine's i have researched all have bar code's included.

No comments:

Post a Comment