Thursday 12 March 2009

My Artist For My Magazine.

Hiii,
For my magazine i needed to create an artist or a band that would appear in my magazine. For this i needed to imagine a new artist that nobody knew of. I started to think about my target audience and came up with a few idea's that i think would look good.

Genre of music: POP
Reason for my choice: i choose this music genre as i took a liking to the genre itself, and i knew i would find it easier as i took an interest in it where as i wouldnt of been able to handle the work if i done a music genre such as rock as i dont have an interest in this music genre.


Target audience: Teenage girl's
Reason for my choice: i choose this target audience as i knew it was an easy target audience to aim things at. Also its easy to think of codes and conventions that would be in a POP magazine.


Name of band or artist: M'A shortened for her real name Emma.
Reason for my choice: The reason i choose this name for my artist is because i used my inspiration for other bands and artists which have broken down names. I thought this name is catchy and easy to remember, as it is simple.


Who is in the band: A female singer called M'A, who recently split from a band to persue a colo career.
Reason for my choice: I choose to use a female singer this is because it would link in with my target audience as my magazine is based for teenage girls, and it wouldnt really inspire them if i choose a male band.


Looks/Dress/Hair: My artist will have a very girly style, wearing sweet dress's and minimal make-up. Her hair she designed herself very "Puffy" and blonde to match her personality, as she is very bubbly and polite.
Reason for my choice: Again it links in with my target audience, my artist will be very natural looking as they are role models for teenage girls. I defiantly wouldnt use a artist that wore a face full of make-up, this would be wrong as teenage girls wouldnt look up to the artist as a role model.

History: M'A was oringailly in a band called "The girl's"who decided to split die to a crisis, and she wanted to persue a solo career as the band wasnt exactly working out. After the split she met up with a new agent and he set her up with one of the best contract's available. Now M'A has reached 4th in the uk top 40 chart's with her new single "Sunshine".

No comments:

Post a Comment