Monday 23 March 2009

Taking My Magazine Picture's.

Hiii,

For my magazine i had to include image's that would link in with my double page spread, also to be on the front cover. I decided to use natual settings in the background of the images i had taken the reason for my choice is because my artist is a natual looking girl and i thought the natural light in the background of the scenery would just add the final touch to my images. I took around 100 image's as i found taking loads of shots using different camera angle's would help me choose the best image for my magazine page's. Before taking my magazine pictures i had to produce shooting plans to set up what i needed to consider before taking them. This really helped me as if i took the pictures first hand without researching what i actually needed to consider my pictures i dont think would be as professional as i would want them. Whilst taking my pictures i did take around 100 shots, some that i hadnt planned on taking. Some of these picutres actually turned out to be the chosen pictures for my magazine. I think the reason for this is because my style for my magazine that i wanted was "Natural" and the pictures that i didnt actually plan on taking were more natural looking than the pictures i took time on and planned the position for the artist. i choose to take my pictures on a bright and sunny day obviously to match the style of my magazine this was an advantage because it had been sunny weather all week. I loved taking the pictures for my magazine as i felt like a photographer and i used all my photography skills into getting the pictures i wanted.


Here is a variety of images i had chosen to be included in my magazine:



For this image i choose to have a natural background, the reason for my choice is because this makes the image link in with the style of my magazine as my artist is very natural looking. I think i would spoil the main style of the magazine if i started using backgrounds that took the contrast away from the picture this would not look right considering it is a "POP" magazine.








The reason for choosing a white background is because this shows innocence and purity of the artist herself. I also choose my artist to have specific body language this is to show her natural personality and to show she hasnt been set up to be fake and acting like someone eles, this is her herself; her personality outside the work industry.






I decided to dress my artist in very plain, simple clothes as my artist is seen as a simple young singer. This i think is inspirational for my target audience especially those who aspire to be like popstars. I think the fashion accessories just top her style of as she isnt overloaded wearing too much, she is keeping her style plain. This will also be an advantage for my target audience as its easy to copy her style for those who look up to popstars as a fashion icon.



I really enjoyed taking the pictures for my magazine, i thought about the camera angles and lighting whilst taking them by using the planning shoots i had created. I like the way i have used natural light in all my pictures this is to show my artist being herself. This will attract my target audience as every teenage girl aspires to be like natural, girly popstars "Wannabees". By planning my photoshoots this was a really good advantage as it gave me a step ahead and it let me get take my pictures for my magazine without wasting time taking images that wernt going to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment